Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"We're the cabbage and kings"

The Walrus said "the time has come my little friends to talk of other things, of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings and while the sea is boiling hot and weather pigs have wings. Kalu Kala come run away we're the cabbages and kings."
 The Walrus and Carpenter were friends, and in this scene the walrus wanted to convince the little oysters to come take a walk with him and his friend. So the walrus talks of "other" things: shoes, ships, sealing wax, cabbages, kings, a boiling sea, and if pigs can fly. If the little oysters had but listened to their mother they would have stayed in bed that day.
  So come my little friends and take a walk with me, we too shall talk of many things... Let's return to wonderland for one more story, and we can be the cabbages and kings.
 Often I think we look around our snug little bed and tho we are happy we wonder, we muse, we look. Then something comes along as says "come walk with me for a little while what fun we will have". We see our little bed and that the sea is boiling hot, and think maybe pigs do have wings...
 So we walk along the path a while and pretend we are the king. We see the sights with wonder lust in our eyes and we do indeed talk of other things. As so often happens tho it is not real, it is an illusion and we are eaten with bread and vinegar .... Kalu, Kala we are the cabbages after all... I wonder if some one would please pass the salt.

 If I were a super hero my theme/catch phrase would be "I'm tired".... the path is laid out a head of me and today it is taking all I can do to put one foot in front of the other. I did not take this path up at the urging of a "friend" to come walk and talk of other things. I fell down the rabbit hole, I stepped through the looking glass on a winding path.
 Today, I feel like the little oysters that went along in all ignorance with the Walrus and in the end were eaten with bread. I feel battered and deep fried. I fell into the boiling sea and then was served with a side order of cheese grits. 
 I have not the first clue how to sum this up today, other than to wonder...... Alice heard this story from Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb... did she feel sorry for the oysters? or Did she applaud the Walrus for his quick thinking on how to get a great meal? Things that make you go hmmmmm.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment