Sunday, June 3, 2012

Time for a change....

If it was done when it was done, then it was best that it was done quickly. 
 That being said let me say this: I have a love hate relationship with my hair. It had grown long, down to my waist again and while it was nice to look at it took time to do the upkeep, not much since I am a no fuss kind woman, but to wash then condition it no matter what I tried it was a 15 to 20 minute job. Now on bed-rest  I was told not to be on my feet for more than 10 minutes at the time .... dilemma on the horizon. Before I did anything drastic since as I said I do like my hair I ask for 2 days straight "Honey please come hold the shower head while I sit and wash my hair" I don't do well with begging, so after asking one more time today and getting told "I am busy" I took a set of scissors to my locks and snipped off almost 18 inches. It is now just above my shoulders and the wash time is down to 4 minutes flat. I was told I will regret doing this but I do not think I will, I thought about this for a couple hours and it is just hair... it will grow back it is not like a tattoo that I will have to live with forever. I am looking at it this way, I have to be dependent on others for soooooooooooo much that I was beginning to feel bad about myself and worthless... so if chopping off some hair helps me be independent on at least one thing the YAY!
 I think it all comes down to we do what we must do when it is crunch time just to keep our sanity and the hair removal was just something I had to do :)