Monday, December 19, 2011

King Laugh on Sunday and Monday.. when he come...

So yesterday and Monday (today) are turning out to be long and stressing.
 I did not get home to after lunch yesterday and made a B-line for my bed. Rested but did not sleep because I did not know when I would get a call to return to Mom. I was so tired by the time A got to the hospital yesterday that I was getting snappy, and then we all got the giggles... EVERYTHING was funny!
 I was supposed to get up at 6 this morning with Jay to take him to work since his truck was in the shop, but he did not wake me, for that I am more thankful than he will ever know. My Father took him. I started out for sleep at 10 last night when I had run Jami to bed. I don't remember anything after getting on bed and closing my eyes. I was out like a light for the whole night.
 I got a call from T a while a go, and I am to "stay the hell away" from Mom today. The GI Doctor has been in and one of the test they are going to run tomorrow requires a system clean out to do, so she is to the utmost miserable on top of being sick, and she does not want me to see her when she is like this. I am honestly a little hurt by this but I understand. I am taking it in stride, I am cleaning my house since it when to hell while I was busy the last several days. 
 I was hit with the realization this morning that OMG! Christmas is in 6 days!!!!!!!! Depending on what the Dr's find tomorrow the earliest that Mom can come home will be Thursday, that is if they find fast fixable problems, if not we may be spending Christmas at the hospital.  My heart is breaking...
 *Sigh* ok so to get up and get busy but I wanted to add this here before I go do my busy work... I am reading Dracula by Bram Stroker again.. don't ask me why, it is on my Ereader and I got bored. Anyway at one point in the book the heros must go to a funeral and the head doctor got the giggles, and they came fast and hard. They were inappropriate and upsetting to some but there none the less. This is how the head doctor explained it and I thought it fitting and worth putting out here for me. I have added the insert below. I hope we all find a reason to allow King Laugh in, even when it is not appropriate. 


"yet, even at such a moment King Laugh he come to me and shout and bellow in my ear, 'Here I am! Here I am!' till the blood come dance back and bring some of the sunshine that he carry with him to my cheek. Oh, friend John, it is a strange world, a sad world, a world full of miseries, and woes, and troubles. And yet when King Laugh come, he make them all dance to the tune he play. Bleeding hearts, and dry bones of the churchyard, and tears that burn as they fall, all dance together to the music that he make with that smileless mouth of him. And believe me, friend John, that he is good to come, and Ah, we men and women are like ropes drawn tight with strain that pull us different ways. Then tears come, and like the rain on the ropes, they brace us up, until perhaps the strain become too great, and we break. But King Laugh he come like the sunshine, and he ease off the strain again, and we bear to go on with our labor, what it may be."


Stoker, Bram (1995-10-01). Dracula (p. 240). Public Domain Books. Kindle Edition. Book I 

No comments:

Post a Comment